Come Meet Us
Our Dolce Team
- Cris ColemanMaster Stylist/Colorist
Cris was raised in a salon environment starting at the early age of 5, where she was exposed to the power of the beauty industry by observing her mother's work. In her early 20’s, she traveled the world and truly discovered who she was and wanted to become. She discovered that her creativity, knowledge and education are qualities that she wanted to share with others. She observed how the essence of beauty can greatly impact a woman’s confidence, self esteem and overall quality of life.
The virtues, talents of Audrey Hepburn, Princess Diana and Coco Chanel have all impacted her curiosity of what beauty really means.
Before moving back to Austin, Cris spent several years in the Midwest working in the telecommunications industry to then deciding to go to beauty school and become a manicurist. Her career took off as soon as she graduated and became an independent contractor and became a specialist for sculptured nails. After many years of deliberating, it was time to move back to Texas and go to school for cosmetology. Cris spent several years in some of Austin’s top salons, such as Saks Fifth Avenue where she worked behind the scenes of Austin’s most prestigious fashion shows sponsored by charity organizations i.e. (March of Dimes, Susan G. Komen, Austin’s Dancing with the Stars, and Austin Children’s Shelter ). She worked numerous photo shoots for magazines most of which were local such as Tribeza, Austin Monthly, Brilliant, and many more. In addition to her hairstyling experience at Sak’s, she also worked in aesthetics, makeup and nails, all of which helped her facilitate what she wanted to offer in her dream salon.
After leaving Sak’s Fifth Avenue she switched to a new path as an independent hair stylist at Salon Si Beau of Westlake. It was there that Cris not only continued to compliment her hairstyling with nail art, but ventured out to master the wedding industry. Starting with just a few friends, Cris now has over a hundred weddings under her belt. Her determination, ambition and motivation are what kept her on the right path to the future opening of Dolce Salon. In 2007 she took a leap of faith and started Dolce in a small vintage house off of Lake Austin Blvd turning her dream into reality. During this time she took numerous courses enrolling in multiple certification programs for cut and color. She attended an intensive cut and color training course at Vivianne Mckinder Hair Academy in New York City where she mastered alternative complex colors and artistic precision razor cutting styles for modern trends and techniques. She has perfected the art of extensions and is a top specialist in several hair extension types such as Hot Heads and is certified in Great Lengths Extensions.
With Cris it all comes down to making the world a better place and making each and every one of her clients experience the best it can be. Not only will you receive professional, top of the line styling, coloring and consulting, but you will get the chance to experience her inner beauty, fountain of wisdom, and a chance to spend time with a genuinely kind and warm soul.
- Apple OliphantSenior Stylist/Colorist
Inspired by color! I started my love with color when I was in grade school quiet and shy and found I could shine my personality through by dressing in full spectrum bold color outfits without the need for me to express myself through words. For the past 7 years as a stylist and colorist, I have been creating blends of art that fit the client’s personalities and entice new freshness to their lives. I am also inspired by rich tones, especially in the fall. If I could do rainbow hair all day I would, but I also enjoy painting on highlights and working with many of my clients who have gray coverage and lift them up on an energetic level regularly maintaining the color they love.
I encourage and work to create healthy hair above all else and believe that healthy hair is happy hair. I love to educate my clients on how best to style their hair in the easiest and quickest way. I love working with natural waves and curls and providing the tools and techniques for clients to manage and embrace their waves and curls.
I am passionate about natural health and wellness and using animal friendly and conscious product lines. I am excited about our flagship product line, Oribe, since it is compostable, animal friendly and vegan. And at Dolce we are free to explore the product lines that work best for each client’s hair.
My life and world is bright, colorful, airy, natural and lively. I love to bring that energy to everyone around me and everywhere I go.
- Tia SaybounkhamNail Services
“Quality and perfection does not have to take a long time if it’s your passion”
Inspired by beauty, colors, and superb quality, Tia has been a perfectionist from the start when it comes to her work and personal life. Tia is one of eight children and when her family was invited and rescued by the American government through asylum from the Vietnam War, immigrating to Austin in 1984. She has been instrumental in raising her siblings and helping her parents get acclimated to the new environment. Through her journey she now speaks four languages fluently.
She first worked at IBM in the electronics department for seven years. She then earned her cosmetology license in 1994. In 1999 she opened and operated her own salon for 15 years. She now has over 25 years of experience in the beauty industry. While she is experienced in all areas of nail technology. She continues her education to bring the most current styles and trends to her clients and is a lifelong student. For Tia, safety and quality go hand in hand.
Tia’s best gift is her most welcoming personality. She is compassionate, helpful, honest, and always positive. And what she is most loved for is her intuitive nature and ability to share and guide with an open heart. Come experience Tia’s love and passion and amazing talent and skill in nail technology beauty!
- Cynthia HazlettSenior Stylist/Colorist
Cynthia started her love affair with hair at 15, when friends and family lined up to have her work her magic on them. Professionally, She has been in the salon business for 15 years, learning, creating, and building bonds with clients and coworkers alike. Cynthia’s knowledge, infectious laugh, and fantastic sense of style will have you feeling your best after each and every visit.
She also volunteers her time to helping others; currently involved with Divorce Care for Kids as a teacher. She also volunteers for SXSW helping interactive and musicians get around her beloved Austin.
Cynthia’s simple, giving, and heart-felt personality shines through in everything she does, whether that means her joy in seeing clients transformed into something new, perfecting that one-of-a-kind hair color, or spending time with her family and close circle of friends, Laughter and a sincere appreciation of others are her driving forces.
Having settled in Dolce Salon, Cynthia has finally found her niche! Cynthia’s knowledge, infectious laugh, and fantastic sense of style will have you feeling your best after each and every visit.
- Pedro BoelitzSenior Stylist/Colorist
Only when you can be extremely pliable and soft can you be extremely hard and strong.
~ Zen Proverb
Pedro Boelitz was born in Brazil, to a Brazilian mother and German father, and exemplifies a combination of cultures and cultural diversity growing up in Brazil with European refinement coupled with a passionate Brazilian nature. Pedro has an extensive history in the fashion industry, having owned his own multi-location clothing company in Brazil, which led him on many trips throughout Europe and the Middle East to work with several of the fashion industry’s top designers, making his shops some of the most elite in the region.
In 2003, Pedro decided to embark on a new adventure moving to Austin, Texas which he found similar to his home in Brazil in both the climate and the open friendly nature of its people. In making Austin his new home, Pedro wanted to continue his passion of enhancing people to look and feel their best, and with that, Pedro made the decision to obtain his cosmetology license and make a transition from fashion into the world of hair and beauty. Pedro’s innate sense of design has shaped his abilities as a stylist, to have already received several awards and recognition for his work to date. Pedro is looking forward to making all of his clients realize their passions – by assisting them in achieving their best selves – and enjoying his stories and experience from Brazil and around the world.
- Terry VinsonSenior Stylist/ColoristTerry was born into a family in the hair industry. He was inspired by his grandfather who was a barber and his mother who he used to watch in amazement transform people. He loves working on difficult hair texture like he has and celebrate the texture instead of being challenged by it.Terry has over 20 years experience as a colorist and stylist and an expert in men's cuts. He is focused on education and enjoys tailoring a care regimen to achieve your own individual personalized style. with his love for education and personalizing style, he teaches each of his clients on how to achieve and maintain this personalized look with ease.With 20 years of experience, he shares his insight and experience and discusses your desired result that naturally flatters the silhouette and creates lengths personalized just for you. He has a true passion for balayage, baby lights, teasy lights, hi/low lights, creative color, and going back to natural gracefully and a gift to accentuate your natural hair texture in its best light.Terry's extensive training includes Vidal Sassoon, Toni & Guy, and AVEDA's cutting foundations. He has been educated by great mentors who strive for precision in themselves and their proteges, such as: Nick Arrojo, former stylist on TLC TV's "What Not to Wear", and former Artistic Director, Aveda UK, Allen Ruiz, former North American Hairdresser of the Year.
- Angela PiccioneReiki Master/Licensed Massage Therapist/Spiritual Life CoachAngela Piccione has been developing her spiritual gifts since childhood as an intuitive healer and space holder. Having a close relationship with physical and emotional pain personally and by witnessing her mother in chronic pain and massaging her since she was a child. Angela has 17 years experience serving professionally in the healing arts. With her extensive training in multiple bodywork and energy medicine modalities as well as spiritual life coaching. Coupled with her passion to help others discover freedom from suffering and to realize their true worth and inner divinity. You are sure to receive a massage service like never before with Angela. You may be surprised to become aware that “deeper” doesn't always mean for the therapist to press harder. For Angela deeper means at a soul level to intend to move beyond the physical body and assist you to release the “knots” blocking your inner peace and true state of well being. Allowing your whole constitution to be at rest and promote healing of body, mind, and spirit.
- JettaVP of Human Resources